New Alternative Preservative for Extending Shelf Life of Fresh Natural Rubber Latex for Rubber Sheet Production
BeTHEPS is a preservative that can increase the quality of rubber, reduce environmental pollution
and create a good quality of life for rubber farmers.
• If without any proper preservation, spontaneous coagulation and spoilage of fresh natural rubber latex usually occurs in 6-8 hours.
• Preservatives are required to extend shelf life of fresh natural rubber latex.
• Ammonia and sodium sulfite are widely used as commercial preservatives.
• Ammonia creates toxic fume, endangering workers’ health and causing environmental pollution.
• Sodium sulfite leaves air pockets in dry rubber sheets, resulting in lowering the rubber sheet quality.
• Easy to mix with latex in liquid form
• Reduce the risk of latex coagulation and spoilage
• Extend the shelf life of latex by up to 1-3 days
Benefits of BeThEPS
Quality of farmer’s life
• Work with eco-friendly preservatives for latex
• Lessen transport frequency of latex from the plantation to the processing factory, saving time and fuel for farmers
• Have more time with their families and more time on other endeavors
Quality of rubber sheets
• Increase the ratio of high graded rubber sheets
• Increase the income of rubber farmers and rubber sheet manufacturers
• Provide a better choice of the raw material for tires, automotive parts, conveyor belts, flooring rubber and rubber adhesives
Quality of truck bus radial tire
• Good endurance (high performance)
• Good rolling resistance (save petrol gas)
Two intellectual properties
1. Formulation of BeThEPS (Trade Secret: TS60MT00104)
2. Production process of BeThEPS (Trade Secret:TS60MT00105)
Current status of technologycommercialization Lice
Chaveewan Kongkaew (Mrs.)
Tel. +66(0)2-564-6500 ext. 4503
Fax. +66(0)2-564 6446