With an increasing awareness of global resources depletion and environmental protection worldwide, more consumers demand for products that are more environmental friendly.
Biodegradable/compostable plastics is one of the most promising eco-friendly products since they can be organic recycled or converted back into the nature by microorganism after usage and disposal.
The BDT Lab aims to assists Thai bioplastics industry through R&D and product testing services to reach international standards and establish a world-class testing infrastructure in the targeted areas of agriculture, biomass and environment such as microplastics and biodegradable chemicals.
The products that pass the biodegradability testing of the BDT Lab would yield consumers’ confidence and be beneficial for marketing campaign.
Moreover, the BDT reports could be used to apply for certification and use of internationally recognized certification marks. These marks are important for consumers to receive transparent and correct information; they also give a guideline information to waste management operators.
- One-stop services by experienced researchers and specialists including consultation, testing and various supports ranging from production to product certification
- Comprehensive testings including biodegradability, compostability and eco-toxicity testing. These services could be standard tests or screening tests.
- Biodegradability tests can be performed under various conditions, both in actual settings and under controlled conditions, for example, aerobic (compost, soil, marine) or anaerobic (landfill)
Material shelf-life & service life testing
- Environmental Chamber
- Xenon Accelerated Weatherometer
- UV Accelerated
- Biodegradation test under various conditions
– Industrial composting
– Home composting
– Anaerobic biodegradation
– Sea water
– High liquid anaerobic digestion
- Toxicity test
The MTEC’s Technical Service provides a testing service which combine the use of state-of-the-art equipment and analytical techniques with expertise in the area of materials characterization. The main objective of the service is to provide technical assistance in materials R&D for both public and private sectors.
With the full capacity of laboratories and experts in the field, MTEC offers a wide range of services such as materials characterization and testing as well as consultation and contracted research.
Technical Services, MTEC (Piyawan Panitanta )
Tel. 0 2564 6500 ext. 4108-4111
or Dr. Thanawadee Leejarkpai ext. 4425